1. Open the back of your 35mm single-lens reflex (SLR) camera by lifting the top of the film rewind dial.
2. Insert the 35mm film cassette into the left side of the camera back. Once inserted, push the film rewind dial down to lock the film canister into place.
3. Pull a small amount of film from the cassette, across the camera back, and insert the film leader into a slot on the film take-up reel.
4. When the film is in place of the take-up reel, advance the film using the film advance lever. If the film has started to wind around the take-up reel, close the back of your camera.
5. With the camera back closed, release the shutter and continue advancing the film with the film advance lever until the indicator reads frame 1.